Kim Jong Un health rumors: what we know so far
While DPRK media continues to reveal details of notes allegedly sent by Kim Jong Un, something seems to be wrong
Wherever Kim Jong Un may be, his now almost-two-week disappearance from public view has been marked by some very unusual events in North Korea.
Together, they suggest that Kim may have, at the very least, encountered health problems significant enough to necessitate taking an extended absence during what is normally one of the most important periods of public appearance of the year.
Those health issues could be relatively superficial – relating to ankle or leg problems he is thought to have encountered in 2014, for example – or cardiac in nature, as has been widely speculated in recent
- 01North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 02Some progress on long-stalled Pyongyang housing blocks under new campaign
- 03Sitting above rank: the rise of Ri Pyong Chol, Pak Jong Chon, and the military
- 04Secret partner: North Korean in Thailand behind network of money-making entities
- 05North Korean think tank statement shows focus on U.S. ‘hostile policy’ prevails
- 06Volte-face: What explains Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart?
- 07North Korea’s Central Military Commission: Kim Jong Un promotes a new generation
- 08Motivations for mass leafleting: What next for inter-Korean tensions?