Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01Timeline: From South Korean nukes to North Korean lockdown
- 02State media review: North Korea orders young ‘volunteers’ to construction sites
- 03Sprawling worker camp appears near North Korea’s military nerve center
- 04Vast new trove of North Korean laws shines light on developments in country
- 05What’s left of the foreign community in Pyongyang, three years into pandemic
- 06Pyongyang streets empty but civilians still training for military parade: Images
- 07Why North Korean state media remains silent about the Pyongyang lockdown
- 08State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship