Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 02Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 03Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 04Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 05North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 06State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 07In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 08Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector