Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01North Korea and Russia’s hot-and-cold relationship rapidly heats up
- 02How faith-based groups can help North Korea — if they’re ever able to return
- 03State media review: North Korea says Kim Jong Un suffered during 1990s famine
- 04Exclusive images provide first look at North Korea’s newest skyscraper street
- 05Seoul will need more than impressive weapons to deter North Korean threats
- 06Chinese imports appear to fill North Korean quarantine zone after trade restart
- 07North Korea’s longest missile test to date points to new reentry vehicle
- 08Timeline: From new North Korean nuclear law to three rounds of missile tests
- 09How North Korea’s missile test over Japan could justify a seventh nuclear test
- 10North Korea could hold weapons expo this month, imagery suggests