Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01North Korea-Iran relations: Overview, analysis and what to expect going forward
- 02NK PRO Briefing: An open source review of Iran-DPRK relations
- 03North Korea flexes with SLBM test, and bigger missiles may be coming
- 04Arms buildup between two Koreas heightens risk of conventional and nuclear war
- 05How Switzerland could help China re-engage North Korea and the world
- 06Cigarettes over medicine? Tobacco imports to North Korea lead trade with China
- 07US Treasury’s sanctions review: What it means for North Korea policy
- 08North Korea pulls back the curtain on current and future weapon technologies