Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01North Korea eyes China trade restart as COVID-19 import zone activity ramps up
- 02Resuming inter-Korean hotline communications: What it means
- 03NK Pro briefing: Humanitarian aid and the civil environment of North Korea
- 04North Korea’s five-year strategy set outlandish targets for economic growth
- 05No more defectors? What the drop in numbers means for North Korea and the world
- 06Overtaxed cell network and shoddy construction pose risks in North Korea
- 07Power, fuel, and roads: North Korea’s severe infrastructure risks
- 08How North Korea’s poor infrastructure could compound devastation in a disaster