In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 02Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 03What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 04How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 05Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 06North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect
- 07North Korea in November 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08Context and translation: North Korean coverage of the November 28 weapons test