In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01North Korea flexes with SLBM test, and bigger missiles may be coming
- 02Arms buildup between two Koreas heightens risk of conventional and nuclear war
- 03How Switzerland could help China re-engage North Korea and the world
- 04Cigarettes over medicine? Tobacco imports to North Korea lead trade with China
- 05US Treasury’s sanctions review: What it means for North Korea policy
- 06North Korea pulls back the curtain on current and future weapon technologies
- 07What ‘economic development’ means to Kim Jong Un
- 08As China burns through coal, North Korea steps in to fill the gap