In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01Why Biden and Yoon’s vow to bolster deterrence won’t alter North Korea’s course
- 02North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 03State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 04Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 05Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 06What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 07State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea
- 08New leader means new uncertainties and nuclear dangers on Korean Peninsula