In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01With only a year left, Moon pitches American public on his hope for peace
- 02How renewed North Korean border trade will affect currency, food and fuel
- 03How Kim Jong Un’s crackdown on foreign culture hurts Korean reconciliation
- 04North Korea is ordering small-time secretaries to clean up its ideological mess
- 05North Korea faces uncertain future after mass exodus of UN and foreign NGO staff
- 06South Korea’s right-wing resurgence spells uncertainty for North Korea policy
- 07Why North Korea’s Olympic withdrawal is about much more than public health
- 08How Chinese netizens reacted to North Korea’s contentious ballistic missile test
- 09North Koreans sharpen their cyberskills at online coding competitions
- 10What we know about North Korea’s ‘newly developed’ missiles