In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01Resuming inter-Korean hotline communications: What it means
- 02NK Pro briefing: Humanitarian aid and the civil environment of North Korea
- 03North Korea’s five-year strategy set outlandish targets for economic growth
- 04No more defectors? What the drop in numbers means for North Korea and the world
- 05Overtaxed cell network and shoddy construction pose risks in North Korea
- 06Power, fuel, and roads: North Korea’s severe infrastructure risks
- 07How North Korea’s poor infrastructure could compound devastation in a disaster
- 08North Korean documents suggest economy worse off than previously known
- 09Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
- 10Changes to North Korea’s military leadership on display during mausoleum visit