In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01How the UN Panel of Experts on the DPRK compares to other investigative panels
- 02Kim Jong Un’s teary-eyed speech shows North Korea is in a dire situation
- 03North Korea’s new foreign minister may switch tactics after the US elections
- 04No mandate: Will the UN Panel of Experts disappear in the future?
- 05How Chinese netizens and state media reacted to North Korea’s giant new ICBM
- 06What the World Food Programme doesn’t know about North Korean agriculture
- 07What North Korea’s October military parade means for US policymakers
- 08North Korea’s sophisticated cyberattacks signal desperation — not aspiration