In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01Giant new campus in Pyongyang is military institute, exclusive images suggest
- 02State media review: North Korea blames Japan for 20 years of frozen ties
- 03UN report underscores unprecedented ‘intensity’ of North Korean weapons testing
- 04Kim Jong Un shuns appearances outside capital despite claims of COVID ‘victory’
- 05US faces blowback over sanctions on code utilized by North Korean hackers
- 06State media review: The wide world of sports takes North Korea by storm
- 07North Korea’s ambitious food crisis fix in danger of missing deadline: Imagery
- 08North Korean missile threats drive Japan’s defense budget to record high