In pictures: Seafood and consumer goods at the Rason International Trade Fair 2017
In the aftermath of UN sanctions, domestic companies promote fishery industry
This is part one of a two part series on the products and companies at the 7th Rason International Trade Fair in early August.
The 7th Rason International Trade Fair held in North Korea from August 7 saw around 100 companies exhibiting their goods and services in the northeastern city close to the Russian border.
Exclusive images obtained by NK Pro show the vast majority of firms present at the fair were of domestic origin though there were also a number of foreign entities from Russia, China, Japan, Germany and Canada.
The North Korean firms
- 01‘A gift and a curse’: What South Korea’s $253 billion defense plan really means
- 02Why heavy rain and border water pose a chronic political risk for South Korea
- 03What US-North Korea policy will look like if Joe Biden gets elected president
- 04How sanctions failed to stop North Korea from developing dangerous weapons tech
- 05‘Growing scope’ of North Korean nuclear weapons shown in unpublished UN report
- 06Photos: Shops, restaurants and Sinuiju port – a view from Dandong in July
- 07Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
- 08Why Lee In-young may be the most vocal and successful unification minister yet