How Chinese netizens and state media reacted to North Korea’s giant new ICBM
Some Chinese netizens cheered North Korea on after the military parade, playing into age-old tensions with the US
It has not been an easy year for North Korea and China. In North Korea, rumored COVID-19 outbreaks, natural disasters and the likely illness of Kim Jong Un have placed a strain on an already-fragile situation.
In China, economic shutdowns, diplomatic clashes and widespread flooding further complicated the fallout from COVID-19.
However, the leaders of both countries proclaim that they have vanquished these challenges and are speeding ahead to an even stronger future. And the parallels between the situation in China and North Korea have not gone unnoticed by Chinese observers — even though North Korea
- 01North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 02How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 03With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 04State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 05North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 06Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 07The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 08Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery