Health, light industry goods dominated scaled-down 2019 Rason trade fair
Chinese company attendance lagged far behind presence at 2018 exhibition
A mix of North Korean and foreign companies again turned out in large numbers for the 9th Rason International Trade Exhibition last month, with medicines and supplements, clothes, home appliances, and other light industry goods from both sides of the border dominating the booths.
The event was held from August 12-16 at the Rason Exhibition Hall in the town of Sonbong closest to the Russian and Chinese borders, reverting back to the site of the first seven Rason trade fairs.
In 2018, the 8th annual event was held at the newly-built Rason International Trade Exhibition Hall
- 01North Korea reshuffles its foreign policy top brass: potential implications
- 02North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
- 03Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 04In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 05Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields
- 06Back to the future: Kim puts North Korea’s economy on a backwards path
- 07“Belt-tightening” ahead? The North Korean economy at the party plenum
- 08North Korea in December 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead