FULL TEXT: Presidential candidate Lee Jae-myung’s North Korea policy statement
NK Pro translated and summarized Lee’s views on North Korea and foreign policy revealed on Sunday
The South Korean ruling party’s leading presidential candidate for 2022, Lee Jae-myung, revealed his comprehensive views on the country’s North Korea and foreign policy in a Facebook post on Sunday.
Lee of the Democratic Party vowed to continue much of the incumbent Moon Jae-in administration’s pro-engagement North Korea policy and to play a “mediator” role as a stakeholder on Korean Peninsula issues, while appearing to address frequent points of criticism the Moon administration received in the past few years.
Lee promised to persuade the U.S. and U.N. of the need for
- 01State media review: North Korea celebrates Liberation Day by slamming Japan
- 02Yoon Suk-yeol’s plan to denuclearize North Korea isn’t so ‘audacious’ after all
- 03North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 04How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 05With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 06State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 07North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 08Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view