FULL TEXT: Presidential candidate Lee Jae-myung’s North Korea policy statement
NK Pro translated and summarized Lee’s views on North Korea and foreign policy revealed on Sunday
The South Korean ruling party’s leading presidential candidate for 2022, Lee Jae-myung, revealed his comprehensive views on the country’s North Korea and foreign policy in a Facebook post on Sunday.
Lee of the Democratic Party vowed to continue much of the incumbent Moon Jae-in administration’s pro-engagement North Korea policy and to play a “mediator” role as a stakeholder on Korean Peninsula issues, while appearing to address frequent points of criticism the Moon administration received in the past few years.
Lee promised to persuade the U.S. and U.N. of the need for
- 01What we know about North Korea’s new cruise missiles
- 02North Korea’s long-range missiles pose the greatest threat to Seoul
- 03One of North Korea’s dirtiest businesses may be back amid border lockdown
- 04Restart of Yongbyon reactor reflects North Korea’s need for fissile material
- 05More of the same? Japan’s North Korea strategy under the next prime minister
- 06Identity theft: Sanctioned North Korean ship poses as clean tanker
- 07North Korea acquires two oil tankers through Chinese brokers: UN report
- 08Timeline: From US-ROK military drills to North Korea cutting the hotlines again