Full text: North Korea’s decree to ‘shoot’ people illegally approaching border
NK Pro translated the full text of a recent North Korean public announcement on border security and COVID-19 prevention
After nine long and difficult months dealing with a global COVID-19 pandemic, North Korea still insists that nobody inside its borders have contracted the virus — but that doesn’t mean Pyongyang is loosening up its border lockdown anytime soon.
Last month, a South Korean government worker named Lee Dae-jun was shot and killed by North Korean soldiers after mysteriously floating into DPRK waters. According to North’s side of the story, Lee was shot around ten times, and the bloodied flotation device he floated on was burnt in compliance with COVID-19 preventative measures.
- 01North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 02Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 03A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 04Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 05Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 06Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress
- 07So far, North Korea’s new economic plan is full of bad signs
- 08Party Congress: Kim Jong Un’s weapons wishlist suggests testing campaign ahead