FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for illegal COVID medicine sales
NK Pro has translated full text of notice that appears to show harsh crack down on market activity during COVID outbreak
North Korea warned the public they could be executed for stealing or tampering with medical supplies at the onset of the country’s first major COVID-19 outbreak in May, according to a photo of a Ministry of Public Security decree obtained by NK News.
The decree appeared to be a response to what Kim Jong Un publicly called “negative phenomena” in the distribution of emergency medicines as Pyongyang admitted it was struggling to handle the initial outbreak.
Below is the full English translation of the decree as well as the original Korean version:[ENGLISH
- 01North Korea demolishes homes around suspected nuclear site: Imagery
- 02Timeline: From North Korean satellite launch to Yoon-Kishida summit in Seoul
- 03State media review: North Korea says ‘no reason’ it can’t meet with Japan
- 04North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 05What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 06North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 07Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot
- 08State media review: North Korea provides a front-row seat to anti-Yoon protests