For the first time in months, an Air Koryo flight is spotted in North Korea
The Air Koryo aircraft P-671 appears to be the plane of choice for at least two domestic trips departing from Pyongyang
Update at Dec. 23 9:30 KST: This article has been updated to note that that the plane can be seen at Wonsan Airport for that day, per satellite imagery from Planet Labs.
Update at 15:40 KST: This article has been updated to include that the P-671 re-appeared on ADS-B around 14:35pm local time in a rare round-trip sighting, traveling west to east. It appears to be on a return journey to Pyongyang, although flight data listed no departure nor arrival airport.
For the first time in six months, an Air Koryo flight appeared to depart from Pyongyang and
- 01North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 02How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 03With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 04State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 05North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 06Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 07The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 08Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery