EXCLUSIVE: Singapore firm still denies links to North Korea, despite new evidence
Evidence links Singaporean firms to bank, luxury shops and 24 floor department store in North Korea
Banned luxury goods continue to be sold inside North Korea at department stores linked to Singapore-based OCN (S) Pte, according to new evidence obtained by NK Pro, which reveal previously unknown details about the supply network which imports the goods in apparent violation of UN sanctions.
High-end European brands barred from export to North Korea by United Nations Security Council sanctions are for sale in the country, as are Japanese brands prohibited from direct export to the DPRK by unilateral Japanese sanctions.
Two former North Korean officials previously told NK Pro that both stores are
- 01Why Kim Jong Un’s letters probably don’t mean a shift in South Korea policy
- 02North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 03Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 04What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 05North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 06At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 07October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 08How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea