Eight basic traits of North Korean propaganda
Why is the North's propaganda so effective inside the country?
North Korean propaganda is truly one of the most well-known and unusual things we know about the country. Here in this piece, I will try to outline its basic characteristics, which show why it is so effective inside the country and so ineffective on the international stage.
TRAIT ONE: OMNIPRESENCE
The most important aspect of North Korean propaganda is that it is truly everywhere. You come out of your house in a North Korean town – here is a slogan “With all our heart, let us uphold the leadership of respected comrade Kim Jong Un – the
- 01Iranian nuclear scientist’s death will likely fuel North Korean fears of the US
- 02Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
- 03Timeline: From Pyongyang’s election silence to trade dips and Politburo meetings
- 04Why the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist can’t inform North Korea policy
- 05Biden’s win is a bad omen for China — and that will strain the two Koreas
- 06Where Biden’s top foreign policy picks stand on North Korea
- 07Empty shelves and food shortages: Why things are looking grim in North Korea
- 08A titan among trucks: What North Korea’s ‘monster’ Hwasong-16 TEL really means