Eight basic traits of North Korean propaganda
Why is the North's propaganda so effective inside the country?
North Korean propaganda is truly one of the most well-known and unusual things we know about the country. Here in this piece, I will try to outline its basic characteristics, which show why it is so effective inside the country and so ineffective on the international stage.
TRAIT ONE: OMNIPRESENCE
The most important aspect of North Korean propaganda is that it is truly everywhere. You come out of your house in a North Korean town – here is a slogan “With all our heart, let us uphold the leadership of respected comrade Kim Jong Un – the
- 01After Kim’s Paektu visit, North Korea strongly hints at looming hard-line move
- 02What to make of Kim Jong Un’s impromptu visit to Mount Paektu this week
- 03On party founding anniversary, North Korea bolsters Kim Jong Un’s leadership
- 04Fueling the country: tracking North Korea’s growing number of gas stations
- 05North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
- 06“New ways of calculation”: Kim Myong Gil’s Stockholm press conference, in full
- 07The DPRK foreign ministry’s readout of Stockholm talks: key takeaways
- 08Why U.S.-North Korea talks in Sweden fell apart — and what might happen next