Eight basic traits of North Korean propaganda
Why is the North's propaganda so effective inside the country?
North Korean propaganda is truly one of the most well-known and unusual things we know about the country. Here in this piece, I will try to outline its basic characteristics, which show why it is so effective inside the country and so ineffective on the international stage.
TRAIT ONE: OMNIPRESENCE
The most important aspect of North Korean propaganda is that it is truly everywhere. You come out of your house in a North Korean town – here is a slogan “With all our heart, let us uphold the leadership of respected comrade Kim Jong Un – the
- 01Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 02What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 03North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 04At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 05October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 06How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 07How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity
- 08North Korean moderates need their power back — or nuclear talks won’t succeed