Eight basic traits of North Korean propaganda
Why is the North's propaganda so effective inside the country?
North Korean propaganda is truly one of the most well-known and unusual things we know about the country. Here in this piece, I will try to outline its basic characteristics, which show why it is so effective inside the country and so ineffective on the international stage.
TRAIT ONE: OMNIPRESENCE
The most important aspect of North Korean propaganda is that it is truly everywhere. You come out of your house in a North Korean town – here is a slogan “With all our heart, let us uphold the leadership of respected comrade Kim Jong Un – the
- 01The View from Jingshan: In Chinese media, DPRK-U.S. relations get the spotlight
- 02How technology impacts foreign media consumption, and crackdowns, in North Korea
- 03Pro-North Korea website details how the country achieved “bumper crop” in 2019
- 04North Korea reshuffles its foreign policy top brass: potential implications
- 05North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
- 06Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 07In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 08Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields