Eight basic traits of North Korean propaganda
Why is the North's propaganda so effective inside the country?
North Korean propaganda is truly one of the most well-known and unusual things we know about the country. Here in this piece, I will try to outline its basic characteristics, which show why it is so effective inside the country and so ineffective on the international stage.
TRAIT ONE: OMNIPRESENCE
The most important aspect of North Korean propaganda is that it is truly everywhere. You come out of your house in a North Korean town – here is a slogan “With all our heart, let us uphold the leadership of respected comrade Kim Jong Un – the
- 01Great expectations: four ways a Trump-Kim meeting could happen in 2020
- 02Why Kim Yo Jong isn’t shutting the door to diplomacy with the U.S. just yet
- 03Wollo-ri: nuclear warhead storage area, manufacturing site, or military academy?
- 04Satellite internet in North Korea: past, present, and future
- 05Six months since border closures, fears of COVID-19 mount in North Korea
- 06North Korea’s July Politburo meeting: what was discussed and why it matters
- 07How Moon’s diplomatic and security reshuffle may impact North Korea
- 08From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea