Company with possible links to sanctioned entity at North Korean trade fair
Exhibiting company possibly an alias of named weapons trafficker Green Pine
A company bearing the same name as an entity sanctioned by the UN Security Council (UNSC) was present at the 20th Pyongyang International Trade Fair held between May 22 and May 25, images exclusively obtained by NK Pro show.
The two images from the trade fair reveal the presence of a company called the “Natural Resources Development & Investment Co.” – or “자원개발투자회사” in Korean.
In 2012, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) sanctioned the Green Pine Associated Corporation as it was determined to be a key North Korean weapons exporter that took over many of the activities of the
- 01Pyongyang offices for rent with global communication, stable power “guaranteed”
- 02Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 03Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 04Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 05North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 06North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 07Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 08North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead