Company with possible links to sanctioned entity at North Korean trade fair
Exhibiting company possibly an alias of named weapons trafficker Green Pine
A company bearing the same name as an entity sanctioned by the UN Security Council (UNSC) was present at the 20th Pyongyang International Trade Fair held between May 22 and May 25, images exclusively obtained by NK Pro show.
The two images from the trade fair reveal the presence of a company called the “Natural Resources Development & Investment Co.” – or “자원개발투자회사” in Korean.
In 2012, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) sanctioned the Green Pine Associated Corporation as it was determined to be a key North Korean weapons exporter that took over many of the activities of the
- 01Why Kim Jong Un’s letters probably don’t mean a shift in South Korea policy
- 02North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 03Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 04What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 05North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 06At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 07October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 08How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea