Blacklisted DPRK bank running company selling, producing precious metals
Chosun Credit Investment Company run by Office 39-linked Korea Daesong Bank
A North Korean investment company run by the internationally blacklisted Korea Daesong Bank is manufacturing and selling precious metal-based products, photos from a recent trade fair in the country’s capital have shown.
The Chosun Credit Investment Company (조선신용투자회사) was seen selling rings, necklaces and pendants made from what it claims to be 99.99% pure gold at the 13th Pyongyang Autumn International Trade Fair, which was held between September 25 and 28.
“The Chosun Credit Investment Company has its own robust ability to develop technologies corresponding to the trend of scientific technologies which have been developed rapidly,” the advertisement
- 01Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 02Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 03FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 04North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 05State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 06What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test
- 07How non-defecting border crossers can bring change to North Korea
- 08Scorched Earth: How climate change could send North Korea up in flames