Arms odyssey: Inside Kim Jong Un’s second tour of weapons factories this month
NK Pro identifies all the upgraded facilities and weapons the North Korean leader inspected on the east coast
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un toured another four missile and launch vehicle factories in recent days, according to state media, and NK Pro analysis shows that several of the facilities have received substantial upgrades to push forward the mass-production of weapons targeting South Korea.
Kim’s latest factory visits come after he inspected five plants producing nuclear missiles and their delivery systems earlier this month. But while those facilities were located near Pyongyang and a munitions hub in the north, this time Kim traveled to factories around Hamhung on the east coast.
- 01Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 02State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 03Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 04North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau
- 05RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East
- 06What the North Korean Red Guards’ new toys reveal about military modernization
- 07State media review: North Koreans ‘pine for’ Kim Jong Un as he travels abroad
- 08Bending the rules: How Russia could justify helping North Korea’s space program