Air Koryo goes to Wuhan, Jinan service back on semi-regular basis
Flight schedule shows an increasingly busy timetable for Air Koryo
North Korean state airline Air Koryo flew to Wuhan in China’s Hubei province on October 15, a photo obtained by NK Pro revealed, with data on the NK Pro Aviation Tracker suggesting it was the first time the airline had ever flown there.
But Flight JS741 – which used one of the airlines’ Tupolev T204 aircraft according to Flightradar24 – does not appear to flown to Wuhan since, making it likely to have been a charter between the two cities.
Its presence comes amid a massive growth in Chinese tourist interest that has strained transport infrastructure in
- 01After the Hanoi summit, a hyper-securitization process underway in Pyongyang?
- 02Looking ahead: prospects for North Korea-U.S. relations
- 03130+ traffic education parks built across North Korea since 2016: imagery
- 04North Korea’s Central Bank: lender, regulator, and inflation fighter
- 05The “silent war”: Kim Jong Un’s battle for North Korean hearts and minds
- 06In review: inter-Korean relations, prospects for change since the Hanoi summit
- 07North Korean criticism of U.S. for joint drills could signal bigger policy shift
- 08The View from Jingshan: anniversary of Sino-DPRK ties passes without a summit