Air Koryo goes to Wuhan, Jinan service back on semi-regular basis
Flight schedule shows an increasingly busy timetable for Air Koryo
North Korean state airline Air Koryo flew to Wuhan in China’s Hubei province on October 15, a photo obtained by NK Pro revealed, with data on the NK Pro Aviation Tracker suggesting it was the first time the airline had ever flown there.
But Flight JS741 – which used one of the airlines’ Tupolev T204 aircraft according to Flightradar24 – does not appear to flown to Wuhan since, making it likely to have been a charter between the two cities.
Its presence comes amid a massive growth in Chinese tourist interest that has strained transport infrastructure in
- 01Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 02Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 03North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 04North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 05Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 06North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 07How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world
- 08What to expect at a potential North Korean military parade next month