Kim family using newly-remodeled ‘amusement park’ boat on east coast: imagery
Secluded mansion sees first activity since 2019, suggesting North Korean leader may be in Wonsan again
As North Korea grapples with a “food crisis” and prolonged pandemic lockdown, signs suggest that the country’s leader Kim Jong Un or his family and friends are enjoying his newly remodeled “floating amusement park” on the east coast.
The boat — boasting twin twisting waterslides, an Olympic-sized pool and a multistory lounge — was confirmed docked on Monday at the private beach of Kim’s Wonsan mansion for the first time since 2019, according to Planet Labs imagery.
In addition, there has been fresh activity in the past week at Kim Jong Un’s newest secluded mansion
- 01After military parade, Kim Jong Un takes another two-week break from public view
- 02The contentious field of North Korean studies: Schools of thought and divisions
- 03NK Pro briefing: Why satellite imagery plays a critical role in DPRK research
- 04North Korean disinfection zone still not operating despite activity: imagery
- 05North Korea’s new train-launched missiles are impressive, but not a game-changer
- 06With foreign minister’s visit, China seeks to coax Seoul away from US
- 07South Korea’s new SLBMs are a signal to North Korea and the United States
- 08North Korean company may have acquired superalloy used in nukes, missiles: PoE