Imagery analysis: North Korea’s upcoming February 8 parade
Infantry, vehicles, and other military seen drilling at Mirim Parade Training Ground
Satellite imagery analysis supports earlier reports that there may be an upcoming military event or parade in Pyongyang on February 8.
At present, the parade appears to involve 28 formations of infantry or other military personnel, a traditional military band, and possibly additional personnel. A small number of vehicles appear to be on the drill as well, but neither has been prominent in the past month of satellite passes.
Training at Mirim
The Mirim Parade Training Ground is typically very active prior to parades, while it sits fairly empty for the rest of the year
- 01North Korea reshuffles its foreign policy top brass: potential implications
- 02North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
- 03Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 04In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 05Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields
- 06Back to the future: Kim puts North Korea’s economy on a backwards path
- 07“Belt-tightening” ahead? The North Korean economy at the party plenum
- 08North Korea in December 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead